THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED
City Road Chapel United Methodist Church is looking for a self-motivated, energetic, multi-tasking, and technologically savvy individual to take on the role of managing the administrative functions of our congregation. Applicants for this position need to be advanced in their usage and understanding of Microsoft Office, adaptable in dealing with interruptions and addressing the variety of challenges that arise each day, and personable in working with volunteers, church members, and people from the surrounding neighborhood needing assistance. The position is full-time at 36 hours per week, allowing for some extra free time on Friday afternoons. The position includes a cash salary, paid leave time, but no other benefits.
Click here to download the job description
All applicants MUST submit an application for employment, which includes the opportunity to submit your resume. Click here to apply.
For more information please email email@example.com
The City Road Chapel United Methodist Church is seeking a person of excellence to become our next Facilities and Office Manager. It’s a big job that involves working with vendors and volunteers to supervise the operation and maintenance of a 4 building campus as well as working with our program staff to communicate with a 600 member congregation as they work together to grow in Christ and share God’s love. This person must be flexible, able to handle change, and able to tolerate interruptions on a daily basis. This person is a key member of our leadership team and keeps all of us sane in the midst of daily challenges. Preference will be given to persons with facilities management and supervisory experience.
Status, Hours, and Compensation:
- Full-time, exempt, salaried employee. 36 hours per week, schedule to be negotiated.
- $38,000 per year. 80 hours of personal time off. No insurance benefits.
- As per the Safe Sanctuaries policy of the City Road Chapel UMC, all staff members must receive a criminal background check and complete an application for employment, both of which will be kept on file in the church office. No convicted sex offenders shall be eligible for employment at City Road Chapel UMC.
- Must be in good physical health, able to function in a demanding environment on a regular basis, and able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must be flexible and open to supervision, recognizing that the unique demands of a church environment often require an ability to adapt as circumstances change.
- A high school diploma and 5 years of experience in general office, facilities management, and communications are required. Preference will be given to persons with an associates degree or higher in business administration.
- Given the religious nature of the organization, the Facilities and Operation Manager should be a person of faith who is able to be sensitive to the pastoral needs of persons throughout the church and community.
- This position requires computer proficiency, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, and ACS Church Management software. Preference will be given to persons with experience using WordPress based websites.
Major Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Supervise building operations in partnership with the Trustees.
- Supervise the Facilities Superintendent in the day-to-day cleaning and maintenance of the church.
- Hires and supervises the night-time cleaning crew which maintains the Child Development Center o Schedule, train, and facilitate the work of phone and office volunteers, including volunteers who are preparing the sanctuary for Sunday worship
- Facilities Management:
- Serves as the primary liaison with the church Board of Trustees, the corporate officers of the church, and works with the chair to schedule meetings, retain minutes, and set meeting agendas.
- Serves as the primary point of contact with all vendors contracted to do work on the building.
- Works with the Trustees to ensure that the building is adequately insured and that issues of liability are prevented.
- Maintains the facilities schedule, and communicates building needs to all appropriate staff and church committees.
- Prepares the budget and oversees the finances related to the operation and maintenance of the building.
- Program and Administrative Support:
- Provides phone and scheduling support to all program staff.
- Works with the Sr. Pastor to prepare the annual Charge Conference And Year End reports.
- Provides front line support in greeting visitors and answering phones when volunteers are not present.
- Maintains the master church calendar, in conjunction with the program staff.
- Works with the pastors to prepare Sunday worship bulletins and the weekly announcement sheet.
- Purchases and maintains office supplies, postal materials, and equipment.
- Collects and sorts incoming mail, and delivers outgoing mail to the post office. Coordinates all church mailings, working to ensure a cost effective means of mailing.
- Works with staff to manage church communications, including the weekly announcement sheet, a weekly e-mail update, a monthly newsletter, the church website (WordPress based), social networking, and the phone announcement system.
- Works with the membership secretary and bookkeeper to keep the church management software current.
- Handles special requests from committees and groups with lists, typing minutes, or processing special mailings.
- Makes cash deposits as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Sr. Pastor and/or the Staff Parish Relations Committee
- The Facilities and Office Manager attends weekly staff meetings, as well as meetings of the Church Council, the Trustees, and the Finance Committee.
To apply for this position, please click here to complete the on-line application and submit your resume. For more information on this position, click here to email Senior Pastor Jay Voorhees.