The City Road Child Development Center has been a ministry of City Road Chapel United Methodist Church for over 25 years. Children, from ages 6 weeks through age 12, are nurtured cheerfully and carefully by a staff of dedicated teachers. The Center has been given 3-star accreditation, the highest rating available in the state of Tennessee.
If you are trying to find childcare for your child, we invite you to come take a tour of our center. Please call (615) 868-7878 to schedule an appointment.
Our vision is for every person that walks through the door to be welcomed with love and respect. We want to show our Christian belief through our actions and be good Christian examples for the children, with an understanding that it is ok to be different. God made us with different talents, abilities, and looks, but we are all created in His image and that is special. So, it is our goal to make sure each and every child knows that they are special to us. We want to not only learn from our co-workers, but the children and their families about how to live a life of love, respect and faithfulness to God. We want to create a place where everybody is important.
City Road Child Development Center strives to:
- Provide Christian Education
- Provide Valuable Education for children, regardless of their religious background
- Encougage children’s appreciation of family values and cultures.
- Meet a child’s basic needs in a safe and happy environment so that parents can be free for work or other activities.
- Provide activities which better prepare children for elementary school
- Allow children to lean at his or her own pace and feel important and special
- Provide an atmosphere of love, warmth, caring and understanding
- Assist children in working in a group of his or her peers to share, to cooperate with others, and to interact with staff.
- Provide a place where our children and their family can feel comfortable with City Road United Methodist Church and participate in our worship services and ministries.
Hours and Cost
The center is open Monday through Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Weekly tuition is based on the age of the child (small babies cost more than a school age child, etc.). Call (615) 868-7878 for availability and cost. A hot breakfast and lunch along with an afternoon snack are provided daily at no additional cost for the preschool children A hot breakfast and an afternoon snack are provided for school age children.
You can be assured that City Road Child Development Center provides much, much more than ‘babysitting services.’ Our program is designed to meet the needs and teach appropriate skill levels to each age group we care for. From learning to share to starting to read and everything in between, children are kept engaged at every level.
Music classes are offered to all the children during the school year and culminate with a Spring and Christmas program each year. During the summers, children are engaged in various water activities instead of music classes.
Parents of preschool children (3-5 years) have the option to sign their child up for KidSkills, for an additional fee. This is a tumbling, dance and gymnastics program for kids.