Here are some things for Warmth this Friday:
- Everyone should be at the church by 5 p.m. this Friday. If you can’t come over that early, text me at 615-310-6530 and let me know when you are coming.
- I need everyone to download and complete the following form:
- I need everyone to read the following covenant and be prepared to sign it:
- We’ll be staying in the youth area. Bring a sleeping bag and any snacks you might want during the night.
- Call me at the number above if you have questions.
Here are my notes from our conversation from last night about upcoming stuff:
Chili Supper on February 4, 2018
- Mac Smith will be cooking the chili
- Elaine Moore will create a sign-up sheet for items needed
- Kids and/or parents should arrive at 9 a.m. to help with setup
- Each youth is asked to donate 1 loaf of bread’s worth of sandwiches and one dessert
- Anna will make up two boxes, one for the Eagle and one for the Patriots and we will encourage folks to make donations for the team they think will win.
Warmth in Winter 2018 – Feb. 9-11, 2018
- I have registered the following people:
- Anna V.
- Jacob M.
- Sam M.
- Stephen S.
- Whitney W.
- Dakota J.
- Jameon K.
- Opening worship will start at 8 p.m. We will gather at the church around 5 p.m. and head over to Opry Mills for dinner. We’ll then head to registration and then scope out our seats for worship.
- You will need to bring a sleeping bag, money for meals, and a bible. We will be staying at the church and sleeping on the floor.
- The cost of the event is $65. It would be great if you could contribute $45 toward the registration fee, but I don’t want anyone to not go because of money.
- We will be done around noon on Sunday.
- UPDATE: We have registered to go the week of June 19, 2018.
- We are currently planning for the following participants:
- Mac Smith
- Esther Walden
- Jacob Moore
- Megan Hinerman
- Samuel C’deBaca
- Jameon Keyes
- Brian Stinson
- Whitney Walters
- The cost will be determined based on the MountainTOP Fee and Van rental.
I think that about covers it. Let me know if I forgot anything.
This Sunday we’ll be heading up to the Moore’s farm in Greenbrier for a cookout and hayride. The Moore’s will provide the main course, and we all should bring something salty or sweet to share. We’re scheduled to gather at the farm at 5 p.m., but anyone that wants to carpool from the church should meet me at City Road Chapel at 4:30 p.m. We will likely go until after dark.
The Moore’s live at 1793 Keyes Rd, Greenbrier, TN 37073-4902. You can reach Elaine at (615) 868-7134 if you have questions.
Come join in the fun on the farm this Sunday night.
I am about to buy tickets for the Sounds game next Sunday. Here is who I believe has confirmed that they are coming:
- Esther Walden
- Jay Voorhees
- Sam Moore
- Jake Moore
- Anna Voorhees
- Whitney Walters
- Dakota Jenkins
I’m going to buy 4 additional tickets in case I’ve missed someone (Brian, Anna W., CJ). If no one claims them by Sunday morning I will give them away to folks in the church.
Y’all let me know if you are coming or not by texting me at 615-310-6530.
Here are the details for Sunday:
- We will need to be at 1st TN Park between 5:30-5:45. Let’s meet at the church at 5 p.m. to carpool down to the stadium.
- The cost for the ticket is $10. You will need to bring additional money for food and drink at the park.
- There is paid parking at various lots around the stadium. It would be great for riders to help the drivers with this expense.
- Speaking of driving, I’m not planning on taking the van (too hard to park). We’ll figure out the car pooling when you get to the church.
- It’s not at all certain if there will be extra tickets at the park for purchase, so I need to know who is coming ASAP.
- Let’s have fun and play this Sunday!