Well, we had hoped to have things up and running before the first of the year but several things slowed us down:
- The delay in the shipping of parts for our upgraded fire alarm system.
- A delay in hiring staff
- And, of course, the normal slowdowns that happen during the holidays!
We got word this morning that the additional staff have been hired and will start the second week in January. We are still working on the fire system and are looking at alternatives that will get us open as soon as possible. Our hope is to open sometime around January 10.
We recently learned of “Welcome Bags” that the Bellevue congregation has been making for the new guests into their program. Please check the list below and let’s start working to make our new guests feel welcome.
Housing Navigation Center Welcome Bags
We will be providing microwave-safe plastic plates and bowls for use by our guests. We need you to pick up a reusable grocery tote from the store (Aldi’s 99 cent bags are perfect) to will with the following items:
- A used coffee mug from home that you don’t want anymore
- 1 square box of tissues
- 1 small box each of plastic forks and spoons (48 pieces)
- 1 large package of gum
- 1 small jar of instant coffee
- 1 small box of plain tea bags
- 1 package of trail mix (16-24 oz)
- 1 small box of ziplock sandwich bags
- 1 roll of paper towels
- 1 toothbrush
- 1 toothpaste
- 1 pair of white tube socks (only 1 pair per bag)
- 1 container of Lysol wipes
- 1 shampoo
- 1 body wash
- 1 inexpensive hairbrush
It would also be appreciated if you could add a welcome card or a note welcoming our guests to City Road Chapel and that you will be keeping our guests in our prayers.