City Road Chapel United Methodist Church is looking for an energetic and talented music virtuoso who is passionate about leading and empowering others to lift their praise in song. This person must be able to direct a choir, lead a band, play a piano, and raise up a joyful noise to our Lord. They must also be able to work with a team of other staff to create and implement worship that is meaningful and creative.
Some of the requirements for the position include:
- Must be flexible and open to supervision, recognizing that the unique demands of a church environment often require an ability to adapt as circumstances change.
- A bachelor’s degree in music is required.
- Candidate must have a demonstrated competency on piano and/or organ.
- Candidate must have competency and experience in choral direction.
- Candidate must be capable of working with different styles of music, including traditional sacred music, contemporary praise music, and gospel.
- Candidate must have a demonstrated ability to empower volunteer amateur musicians of varying abilities to share their musical gifts.
- Preference will be given to candidates with handbell directing experience.
- Given the religious nature of the organization, the Director of Music Ministries should be a person of faith who is able to be sensitive to the pastoral needs of persons throughout the church and community.
- This position requires basic computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office and web browsing.
This is a part-time position, requiring approximately 15 hours per week. Salary will be negotiated based on experience.
For more information please contact Rev. Jay Voorhees at email@example.com
Click here to apply for the position and attach your resume.
Click here to download the full job description.