The City Road Chapel Emergency Weather Shelter (CREWS) is our church’s means of helping area homeless men and women by providing shelter during winter weather events. The program provides a warm bed, a meal, and an opportunity for a shower for 15 individuals on the coldest days of the year.
Days and Hours of Operation
City Road Chapel is part of a partnership with the Metropolitan Nashville Homelessness Commission and other homeless services provider as a part of the Metro Nashville Cold Weather Plan. The City Road Emergency Weather Shelter will be opened anytime a Level 3 or higher cold weather alert is called, or when the Metro Nashville Office of Emergency Management declares a city-wide emergency. A Level 3 alert is called anytime the overnight temperature is predicted to be 19 degrees or colder. CREWS hours of operation are 6 p.m. – 6 a.m.
The daily alert level can be found at http://www.coldweathernashville.com/ or by calling (615) 800-0195,
Eligibility for Assistance
- CREWS is available to all persons who do not have a housing option on the nights of operation on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Couples are welcome, subject to the program rules.
- No pets are allowed.
- No persons under the active influence of alcohol or drugs will be allowed.
- Participation is subject to complying with the program guidelines. Failure to do so will result in being asked to leave, and possible restrictions are on participating in the program in the future.
- Air mattresses and linens for a maximum of 15 individuals
- Soup and sandwiches available from opening until 10 p.m.
- Hot showers
- Phone charging
If you are interested in knowing more about the CREWS program please click here to email your questions. If you are available to help our neighbors as a volunteer, please complete the form below.