Lent is upon us, and during the season our pastors will be offering a new sermon series titled “Gimme That Old Time Religion.” Very often we hear folks longing for the good ole days, but how often do we go back to the old, old, old stories in the scriptures to inform our faith? Throughout Lent Jay and Emily will go back to some of the earliest stories in the scriptures (in the “old” testament) to think about who we are and God’s call on our life as we walk in the way of Jesus.
Here’s the schedule for the Lenten Season:
- 3/5/2017 — Pride Goeth Before the Fall (Genesis 2:15-17, 3:1-7)
- 3/12/2017 — Sent to Be A Blessing (Genesis 12:1-4a)
- 3/19/2017 — So You Wanna Go Back to Egypt (Exodus 17:1-7)
- 3/26/2017 — The Boy King (1 Samuel 16:1-13
- 4/2/2017 — The Walking Dead (Ezekiel 37:1-14)